For all those people who believe music is their drug, the Sonos Controller CR100 should come as a wonderful delight. The CR100 is a wireless controller that allows access to every track in your library and full control over volume and music from any room in your house installed with Zone Player. This implies, you no longer have to return to your computers for changing songs or turning down the volume. This remote controlling device even enables different members of your family to customize their choicest play lists and music simultaneously.
Details about CR100
The Sonos Controller CR100 is compatible only with the Sonos Multi-Zone Music System. Once installed, it empowers you to access a wide array of music, from the flat of your palm.
- Having a diagonal length of about 3.5 inches and a full colour LCD screen the controller allows you many viewing options and controls. At 240 x 320 pixels, you can also view full colour album art.
- It operates by communicating with the Zone Player that becomes a requisite for remote access. Working via Sonosnet, a mesh plexus, it enables extension of the range of control. Sonosnet works within a range of 50 to 100 feet.
- Powered by an in-built Lithium ion battery, a fully charged controller can last almost a week, under typical usage conditions.
- A volume control enables you to either lower or raise the volume. The ‘Mute’ option temporarily silences the music. If held of more than three seconds, it affects all Zone Players.
- Apart from these, it comes with the essential controls of Play or Pause, Rewind or Forward and Previous or Next.
The Sonos Controller allows you to ‘zone out’ your music, by allowing you to select custom music for zones of your choice. Next comes a feature that looks like a leaf out of i-Pod’s creation. The Controller incorporates a circular navigation touch wheel, sliding which you can scroll either up or down.
Below the LCD screen, lie three different buttons, whose function varies with the screen being operated upon. The display above these multi-functional keys indicates the task they perform in different windows.
The Controller also includes a Light Sensor, which intuitively controls its backlight depending upon the external lighting.
As a power saving measure, the Controller can also enter a Sleep Mode- which depending upon the situation- is of two types:
Light Sleep: If unused for certain duration of time, the Controller enters into a ‘hibernation’ mode, where it locks its motion sensors. It will remain in this mode until a key is pressed or it senses motion.
Deep Sleep: After a prolonged period of disuse, the Controller enters a deep sleep mode, and reverts to normal after a restart cycle.
The Sonos Controller CR100 might come handy for those who like music on the move. Although it does not always comply with the range specified above, it works fine in regular households. With its array of impressive features, it is bound to garner appreciation and leave you with the satisfaction of money well spent.